Temporary files are those files which are created temporarily having information when a new file is made. These files have (.TMP) extension.Programs and software often store temporary files on your hard drive. Over the period, these temporary files begin to take lot of space (storage). If you are facing space full (storage full) problem on your hard drive, you should delete/clear these temporary files. The deletion will allow you to empty some storage. We are discussing about clear the temporary files in Windows 7.
Please follow these steps:
- Open the start menu
- Press Window Button+R to open Run dialog box
- Write “%Temp%” in Run Box and press enter.
- Temporary files folder will open there
- You can select all by click on them or using Ctlr+A
- Press delete button on keyboard
- Click on “Yes” then.
- All temporary files will be deleted from Temporary file folder.
- You need to check now ‘Recycle Bin’ and delete files from there.
When temporary files will be deleted, your computer speed will increase.